- Official site >
- List of electors
Entry on the list of electors
To qualify as an elector and qualify for entry on the list of electors, every person must:
- be an individual
- be 18 or over on Novembre 15, 2015
and, on Septembre 29, 2015
- be a Canadian citizen
- not be under curatorship
- not be disqualified under the law
Every person must also meet one of the following conditions:
- have been domiciled on the territory of the Saint-Léonard-Est district and, since at least March 29, 2015, in Québec;
- have been the sole owner of an immovable on the territory of the Saint-Léonard-Est district since at least Septembre 29, 2014, and have filed a written application for entry with the returning officer;
- have been the sole occupant of a business establishment on the Saint-Léonard-Est district since at least September 29, 2014, and have filed a written application for entry with the returning officer.
Where an immovable belongs to undivided co-owners or where a business establishment is occupied by co-occupants, no person other than the undivided co-owner or the co-occupant designated under a power of attorney signed by the majority of co-owners or co-occupants may be entered on the list of electors as owner of the immovable or occupant of the business establishment. The power of attorney must be filed with the returning officer.
During the week of October 19, 2015, you will receive a notice of entry on the list of electors. Read it carefully as it contains the names of electors entered on the list at your address, as well as the location of the board of revisors.
If you do not receive a notice of entry or if corrections are required, you will have to report to the board of revisors.