How to vote
1. Report to the polling place with your reminder and one of the following identification documents:
- Health insurance card issued in plastic form by the Régie de l’assurance-maladie du Québec
- Driver’s licence or probationary licence issued in plastic form by the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec
- Canadian passport
- Certificate of Indian status
- Canadian Forces identity card
2. You will be directed to the polling station corresponding to your polling subdivision. The poll clerk will confirm your entry on the list of electors.
3. You will be handed a ballot paper and directed to a polling booth. You are to mark the candidate of your choice on the ballot paper.
4. After folding the ballot paper, return to insert the ballot in the ballot box.
Information about the advance poll
Any elector whose name is entered on the list of electors may vote in an advance poll.
The advance poll is on Sunday, October 29, 2017, between noon and 8 p.m.
Voting at the Office of the Returning officer will be held on October 27, 30 and 31, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on November 1, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To find out where you are voting, refer to the reminder. All advance polling stations are accessible to persons with reduced mobility .
Are you unable to move about?
- If you are unable to move about for health reasons, you may vote at home, as well as your caregiver if he or she is domiciled in the same polling section as you.
- If you are residing or domiciled in a hospital centre, a residential and long-term care centre, a rehabilitation centre or in certain homes for seniors, you may ask to vote in your room.