- Official site >
- Become a candidate
Become a candidate
Every person running for office must:
- be of full age on March 15, 2020
and, on January 28, 2020
- be a Canadian citizen
- not be under curatorship
- not be under any conviction for an offence constituting a corrupt electoral practice
Every candidate must also meet one of the following condition :
- have been domiciled on the territory of Montréal and, since at least July 28, 2019, in Québec, and have resided, continuously or not, on the territory of Montréal for at least 12 months on January 28, 2020
- have been the sole owner or co-owner of an immovable on the territory of Montréal since January 28, 2019, and have resided on that territory, continuously or not, since that date
- have been the sole occupant co-occupant of a business establishment on the territory of Montréal since January 28, 2019, and have resided on that territory, continuously or not, since that date.
Filing a nomination paper
The nomination paper contains the information to be provided.
If the nomination paper is in order, the returning officer signs it and acknowledges its receipt.
No cash amount or deposit is required to file a nomination paper.
Every nomination paper as independent candidate, must be filed with the Bureau du président d‘élection, between January 31 and Fabruary 14, 2020, by 4:30 p.m.
Any nomination papers received after this deadline will be automatically rejected, even if complete
For financing information, visit the site of the Directeur général des élections du Québec
155, rue Notre-Dame Est, rez-de-chaussée
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1B5
514 872-VOTE (8683)