- Official site >
- Can you vote?
Can you vote?
To qualify as an elector and qualify for entry on the list of electors, every person must:
- be an individual
- be 18 or over on December 16, 2018
and, on October 31, 2018
- be a Canadian citizen
- not be under curatorship
- not be disqualified under the law
Every person must also meet one of the following conditions:
- have been domiciled on the territory of Montréal and, since at least April 30, 2018, in Québec;
- have been the sole owner of an immovable on the territory of Montréal since at least October 31, 2017, and have filed a written application for entry with the returning officer;
- have been the sole occupant of a business establishment on the territory of Montréal since at least October 31, 2017, and have filed a written application for entry with the returning officer.
Where an immovable belongs to undivided co-owners or where a business establishment is occupied by co-occupants, no person other than the undivided co-owner or the co-occupant designated under a power of attorney signed by the majority of co-owners or co-occupants may be entered on the list of electors as owner of the immovable or occupant of the business establishment. The power of attorney must be filed with the returning officer.